Difference in window trim between 4 door and Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in window trim between 4 door and Coupe

Been looking to have my driver side window trim replaced and was wondering if there is a difference between the 4 door and coupe rain gutter trim. Iv got some access to some good looking window trim on some 4 doors but being as my dirty 30 is a coupe i figured id ask before tediously taking off that soft aluminum without bending or breaking it.

Anyway thanks in advance for reading and the help!!!!

They're the same. I took trim off a 2-door and put it on my 4-door. You may want to look into getting a few of the little clips inside the trim; if they don't bite well, goodbye trim.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Any helpful hints on how to take it off? I read the tech forum on it and it seems very easy if not fiddly however i remember trying to peel one off a junk yard car and that thing was a pain in the ass once you reached the sil above the door.

Comment

I did it a couple years ago, but I think I used a small screwdriver and a shop rag and carefully wedged and wiggled in different areas of the piece to loosen it. Going from one end to the other is risky because it's SO easy to bend.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Pop the trim clip at the hind end of the main piece.
          Then Start from the bottom front and it will peel back about a foot or so.
          Avoid allowing the trim to pull away from the body.
          You don't want it to become crooked and wrinkled in the chrome finish.
          Then pull the trim towards the front of the car(sliding it off the rail), and see how much you can get away with.
          Once it stops sliding, roll the trim off the body using your thumbs to unhook it along the bottom and working your way to the rear.
          Be patient.

m

Comment

Man this is what i needed, i thought i had to turn up the trim after i reached the apex of the window not "pull" it towards me! Thanks everyone for the quick reply's, iv got 2 chances at it but would rather complete it on the first pass. Btw are these things worth anything to try and snag the other set?

Comment

Working...
            X