cant find fuel filter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant find fuel filter!

i cant find the fuel filter on my 86 325. i was told it was under the car right infront of the left front wheel, but i dont see a canister there that resembles the fuel filter i was sent by BMA. the filter ig ot is about the size of a 12oz pop can, maybe a lil smaller, and has two openings for the fuel line, one on top and another on the bottom. can some show me a picture of where the fuel filter is located?

There is a protective coverplate type thing over it. Some I hear have the fuel filter under the bonnet, beneath the ps reservoir.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
    When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Group A View Post
      i cant find the fuel filter on my 86 325. i was told it was under the car right infront of the left front wheel...
      I dont think it is in front of the left front wheel. Check in front of the left rear wheel.

Aaron
      2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

You're more observant than I am. I completely missed that. Yes in front of the driver's side rear wheel. NOT front wheel.

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofthewaters View Post
          You're more observant than I am. I completely missed that. Yes in front of the driver's side rear wheel. NOT front wheel.
          You're probably seeing the pump. The filter on your car should be in the engine bay below the P/S resivior/brake master cylener area.

They didn't start putting the filter in the rear of the car until '88 when the single pump deal came out.
          Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

I meant that, I missed where he said, "I was told it was under the car right infront of the left front wheel, but i dont see a canister there that resembles the fuel filter".

But I did not know when they actually changed the filter location. Thanks might be good to know.

Comment

ahhhh, thanks guys. yea, i meant to say rear wheel, not front. this is the second time i posted this question, i dont know why no one told me it was in the engine bay before. well, thanks again.

Comment

In the early model cars, the external pump is located in front of the rear driver's side wheel. In the later model cars, if you look in the same place, you now have the fuel filter there.

As for fuel filters and early model cars, my 318i (m10) has it right below the PS reservior.... sitting vertically along the frame.
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
                X