Need help refurbishing chrome wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help refurbishing chrome wheels

Trying to clean up some wheels I just got they have some rust spots and Ive heard sooooo many methods on how to bring them back to life (coke, toothpaste, aluminum foil, steel wool etc etc.) just trying to see what you guys use or what you would recommend any input would help.

When I did my my RSs I used a heavy duty paint remover to get rid of the remaining clear coat. Next i started sanding with like a 400 grit depending on how bad the wheel surface is. Work up to 2000 then hit it with some polishing compound. If you spend enough time they will look like mirrors. This takes a lot of sanding if done right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_234232_zps780a2907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	7191057

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
      When I did my my RSs I used a heavy duty paint remover to get rid of the remaining clear coat. Next i started sanding with like a 400 grit depending on how bad the wheel surface is. Work up to 2000 then hit it with some polishing compound. If you spend enough time they will look like mirrors. This takes a lot of sanding if done right.

[ATTACH]114830[/ATTACH]
      Thank you for the feedback. I got my supplies and I'm a start stripping them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X