wtf is this damn noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf is this damn noise

ok, this is a new thread continuing from my last which has seem to have died out.

pinging? it sounds like pinging as far as i know (for all i know i dont know what pinging sounds like, its kinda a ticking sound(no its not the valves)) it seems to be coming from the front left. with the windows up i can hear it and i swear it sounds like its under the dash.

my last thought (hoping it wasnt pinging) was the alternator but i stuck a stethoscope on that and reved the engine some and didnt hear anything at all coming from the alt.

my next thought is that the noise is from water running into the heater core. notice how they are getting more and more far fetched.

anyone else have ideas on something for me to check.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

could it be somethin with the bell housing?
    or it could be a unicorn
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

i think its a unicorn poking holes in my exhaust and shitting in my filters,

i guess it could be something in the bell housing, whats the max power that can be put to a stock clutch?

i may be purchasing a newish transmission soon anyway cause my bearings are pissing me off and its cheaper to buy another than have this one rebuilt
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

just take it back to McHenry and ask him, be built it right?
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

he did yes but i dont want to bug him in his retirement

Comment

thats cool, just a thought. goodluck w/ it all
            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Working...
            X