In tank lifter pump - Airtex pile-o-crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In tank lifter pump - Airtex pile-o-crap

Went to fit this to the tank today. Fitted in fine and all looked good until I tried to slot the fuel lever sender in. It simply doesn't sit on the base as the sender hits the fuel feed pipe. Either the pipe is welded in wonky of the hole and studs are out of alignment. I tried to file a bit of the side of the sender unit to clear, but even doing this didn't work and would have to cut in to too much to be safe.
    I couldn't find this pump in the UK with the correct electrical connection and bought on from a US retailer. Anyway, seems garbage and a waste of money. The old one is rusted and no use.
    Anyone got a genuine frame they don't need ?

PS. Is Airtex a junk parts brand in the US ? I've never heard of them before on this side of the pond.

I have warned people here about AirTex pump being a piece of junk quite a few times. I use Tre pump for a long time without any problem. There are quite a few E30s in Europe. Can't you find a bracket from there?

Comment

Anything on the underside of a UK is usually a rusted bit of junk. There's no mega rush on this as the whole car is being rebuilt. I'll look around for another .

Comment

Working...
      X