5 Lug conversion revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug conversion revisited

I was curious... has anyone tried to do a 5-lug conversion using E34 or E28 5-series parts or tried to adapt 5 series (E28/E34) hubs to E30 control arms? Also has anyone ever just had the stock E30 hubs redrilled to accept the 5-lug pattern? Are any of these options even a possibility? Am I just crazy?

wont fit, and drilling is ghetto

anything else?
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

What is so ghetto about re-drilling if it will get the job done for a reasonable amount of money?

Comment

Now that I think about it a little bit more drilling would only afford you the benefit of having 5-lug wheels. Brakes would probably be a whole different story considering the calipers most likely will not mount to the re-drilled hubs properly.

Comment

Brakes are overrated.

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Brakes are overrated?!?! Brakes are one of the most important parts on the car. When you have power levels that are higher than standard and suspension that is much more capable than standard it is imperitive to have brakes that match. Brakes can save your ass on the street and lower lap times on the track. When entering a corner I would much rather have a brake pedal that is firm and easy to modulate and offers good feedback instead of some mushy overboosted crap that most stock systems come with. With my old car I could easily overheat my stock brakes to the point of them not even being affective and barely able to stop myself completely. That lowers your confidence in your car considerably. In emergency situations I would also rather have a braking system that can affectively shorten your 60-0 stopping distances. To say the least I'm not just after the "5-lug look" I want the 5-lug benefits not just for wheels and tires sake.

Comment

Originally posted by riverdale21
              Brakes are overrated?!?! Brakes are one of the most important parts on the car. When you have power levels that are higher than standard and suspension that is much more capable than standard it is imperitive to have brakes that match. Brakes can save your ass on the street and lower lap times on the track. When entering a corner I would much rather have a brake pedal that is firm and easy to modulate and offers good feedback instead of some mushy overboosted crap that most stock systems come with. With my old car I could easily overheat my stock brakes to the point of them not even being affective and barely able to stop myself completely. That lowers your confidence in your car considerably. In emergency situations I would also rather have a braking system that can affectively shorten your 60-0 stopping distances. To say the least I'm not just after the "5-lug look" I want the 5-lug benefits not just for wheels and tires sake.
              FYI, he was joking.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

You never know man.

Comment

Originally posted by riverdale21
                  Holy crap.

Do you attract large planets and solar systems into the the vast void you present?

-Charlie
                  Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                  '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                  FYYFF

Comment

As a matter of fact, yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X