Tools for removing engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools for removing engine?

I have found an engine that I can use for a 2.7 liter swap in my bimmer at a local salvage yard and I can get it for pretty cheap ($100), but I have to remove it myself.

My question is; what tools will I need to remove the engine from the car?

It seemed pretty simple at first, but the salvage yard doesn't allow jacks in so I can't support the transmission. This has led me to the fact that I need to remove the engine and trans all as one unit for safety. I have looked around and asked some people and this is the list I have so far:

17mm wrench
    15mm wrench
    13mm swivel
    14mm swivel
    10mm allen head
    7mm allen head
    hoist

If anyone can give me a good list or clarify what I already have I would greatly appreciate it.
    Searching...

Bring sockets for all of these too...

19mm
    17mm wrench
    13mm swivel and wrench?
    14mm swivel "
    10mm wrench
    10mm allen head
    7mm allen head
    short/long flathead
    large adjustable wrench
    electric impact gun?
    extensions
    breaker bar
    snips
    hoist
    gloves

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

every engine i have pulled has been with the tranny attached. Just bring a set of wrenches and a set of sockets with some extensions. Your in a junk yard, dont be scared to try and see how much stuff you can keep on the block because who cares if you fuck stuff up. bring a hammer for clearence. last m20 i pulled i didnt mess with the bitch clip, I just took the shift knob off and pulled everything out. I probably didnt really help you i just talked out my ass for a while, good luck.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Working...
      X