Active check "rear light" warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active check "rear light" warning

Hi all, periodically after I've had the headlights on for awhile the "rear lights" warning comes on the active check panel. However, the tail lights are fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going wrong? Cheers!

Bad bulb sockets and/or faulty circuit board in the housings are the likely culprits .

Turn on the lights and open the trunk and bang on the lights a little and see if that sets of the check panel .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

we need to start a little banner that pops up the first time these noobs log on so they stop asking this question
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

You probably have cheap brass base bulbs. Get the good brand bulbs and it will quit.
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys, will look into it.

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
          we need to start a little banner that pops up the first time these noobs log on so they stop asking this question
          What we really need is people to use decent key words in their threads so that when I do a search I find what I'm looking for...then I don't have to post an apparently common question.

Comment

i was just givin you a hard time man, that would be good though
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
              i was just givin you a hard time man, that would be good though
              No problemmo. My older brother is out of town atm, so someone's got to do it!

Comment

Working...
              X