Relay? A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay? A/C

Hi, I hope someone out there can help. Worked a lot of bugs out of my 88 m3 and can't find the gremlin in my air conditioning system. My air blows cold for about a minute then luke warm. After a few minutes I hit the Air condit button and the whole thing starts over again. The pump was replaced recently with a new one along with the dryer. Is there a relay on this system? The button is functional so I am thinking some problem is keeping the pump clutch from kicking in???what is the cause?

You will need to break out the wiring diagrams but two things come to mind. First, the temperature sliders have to be in the right position, maybe there is a problem in that control mechanism. Second, there is an evaporator temperature switch that prevents icing.

Both of these are required for the compressor to come on.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Tried to find the eval temp sensor under the dash. Cant locate it. Is there a good picture out there I can get. The ones I see are not helping.

Comment

I can try to grab a picture of mine tomorrow since I just messed with this. Its to the upper left of the vent on the drivers side near the pedals.

Looks like a metal box with metal wire coming outta it. One screw on the bottom, 2 wires on top.
        86 325e sedan
        • Magnaflow Cat-back
        • SSSquid Stage 1 Chip

Comment

finally found it Wolfador, thank you for the offer. One more thing, Where in the heck is the Relay? I look at at wiring diagrams and they are no help. I plan on replacing the Relay; and if that doesn't work I will replace the switches on the evaporator.

Comment

Working...
          X