Intermittent scraping sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty stumped on this one... I have an intermittent scraping noise that usually presents itself after driving on the highway or over smallbbumps in the road. It gets louder when turning to the left and quieter when turning to the right. I have taken the wheels off and inspected the rotating assemblies and removed the pads to check the wheel bearings but they all seem in good condition. I initially thought it was coming from the right side but listening to to the video it sounds like more from the centre.

I will go check to see if its the driveshaft rubbing on something but I dont think its the correct frequency for the speed that the wheels were turning at.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Brake pads are fucked maybe a rotor to if you did some heavy braking recently. Left side when you lean on it gets louder. I changed pads and retourqued calipers all was good after.

Comment

Do your reverse lights still work? The wiring for them goes through the hole for the shifter and sometimes gets caught/ wrapped around the driveshaft and hits the inside of the transmission tunnel.

Could be a bad center support bearing or maybe the shift lever rubbing on the harmonic balancer on the driveshaft?

Did you install a short shifter recently? Maybe your transmission mounts are shot?

Comment

Working...
      X