e36 vert vs. e30 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 vert vs. e30 vert

I want to get a car cover for my e30 so it doesn't get beat down by the weather and salt. I also want to get rid of the stock antenna and get an e36 verts antenna.

One goes down hence no extra pocket for an antenna but what if I have the e36's?

What are the measurement of an e36 verts rear to antenna to a e30 rear to antenna? Maybe I can just get by purchasing on made for an e36.

Thanks for the help

This is the antenna I am looking at. Mine doesn't go up all the way any more and don't really want to deal with it.

Comment

Most car covers are going to include a grommet for your antenna to basically punch a hole in the cover but the grommet will prevent the hole from getting bigger. You should be able to order an e30 cover with a grommet for the non retractable antenna.
      sigpic

Comment

So covers that are made for cars with antenna don't cover the antenna? Would this still keep the moisture out and everything.

Comment

it keeps most of the moisture out. you get moisture anyways cause of dew etc. the real goal of car covers is to keep dirt and that type of stuff off your car. a small hole for an antenna is not going to be that bad. if you are that worried about it though, i think that antenna screws off, so you can just take it off when you put the cover on
          sigpic

Comment

^ This is what I was thinking about doing. The car cover I want won't come off very often, maybe once or twice until spring.

Comment

Working...
            X