No speedo or tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No speedo or tach

Thought it was the SI's since the car had sat for over 2 years. I pulled the cluster apart, soldered in new batt's, tested each pin on SI board the batt's go to for power. Put back in and still no tach or speedo.:( I reset the lights and all came on green. WTF?!?!?! Anybody know which pins I should test for signal on the yellow plug? I seem to have a bastard cluster. 87 eta VDO cluster, Ni Cad Varta SI's (originally), Motometer SI board, and it has a coding plug.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Well I pulled the cluster out of the "i" and I got the tachand MPG to come up but no speedo. I put the car on jackstands and ran it in 3rd and set the cruise at about 3K and tested the plug pin connect and got a pulse sig of around 2 volts. What's up guys?
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Comment

Sounds like a bad speed sensor maybe. Along with a bad tach (or maybe the mother board has gone kaput).

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
      When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
      "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
      Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Working...
      X