another brake light check thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another brake light check thread

alright this one has got me stumped, my brake light check will come on when i use my left turn signal, not always the first time but early in the drive if i hit the left turn signal the check light comes on and stays on the rest of the time.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

have you gotten out of the car or had a buddy check your lights? maybe that light is telling you something. then check and make sure you didn't blow a fuse, and also check that you have the right bulbs.

91-318i SOLD : (
    91-318IS for sale
    95-740i DD
    84-Monte carlo SS Under construction
    90-T-bird Supercoupe DD

Comment

Mine does that when it's really cold, and only when I flick the right turnsignal. I've confirmed the bulb's fine, so I'd be interested in why it does it too. Works fine when it's above 30 F. :|
      1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

bulbs are fine, im not an idiot
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I know there's a check light relay for the rear bulbs in the trunk--they sometimes go bad. Or maybe your tailights are cracked or the rubber seal has deteriorated, letting moisture cause a short. Those are the only two things I've come up with that could cause both our problems.
          1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

possible i do have a crack and a small hole (to let the water drain back out ) in my left tail light... makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
              bulbs are fine, im not an idiot
              i wasn't calling you an idiot, but sometimes people miss/skip some very simple steps when trying to diagnose problems.

91-318i SOLD : (
              91-318IS for sale
              95-740i DD
              84-Monte carlo SS Under construction
              90-T-bird Supercoupe DD

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                possible i do have a crack and a small hole (to let the water drain back out ) in my left tail light... makes sense
                It's too bad new tail lights are over $100 apiece. :curse:

It's hard to find a pair of used ones that aren't cracked. Both of mine have cracks in them, so I'm pretty sure that's what's causing my problem.
                1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

ill see if i cant do something without replacing the light

Comment

Working...
                  X