MPG gauge problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG gauge problem

My MPG gauge is not working. It sweeps from left to right when I turn on the car (which is normal), and it sweeps left when I stall the engine for a second, but otherwise, it's always stuck on the infinity MPG position (right) that it would usually be on if I am stationary, regardless of how fast I'm going.

Ideas?
    This is your M20 on steroids:

its pretty worthless anyway, cant say i would worry about it
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
      its pretty worthless anyway, cant say i would worry about it
      +1

another distraction and if you're that worried about MPG buy a honda. do you have an OBC? just use the Avg mpg...

/

Comment

Mine moves back and forth and my check engine light blinks on and off in my turbo...I don't think the car likes MS...
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

but its understandable if you want it working, i know it want mine to work even though it has no point. I have seen this happen on a few cars, cant say i have a sollution as i have never tired to fix it because they havnt been mine. I will paw through the Bentley and see if i can see anything.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Thx rede30, for at least addressing the question.

It's just a simple matter of "I like everything to work in my car", regardless of how pointless/inaccurate the MPG gauge may be. I'm sure some of you can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MrK View Post
              Thx rede30, for at least addressing the question.

It's just a simple matter of "I like everything to work in my car", regardless of how pointless/inaccurate the MPG gauge may be. I'm sure some of you can understand.
              Are they the same for M30? Maybe you are just getting incredible mileage?

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

well if you mean incredibly LOW mileage, then maybe LOL.

No seriously, I don't think the m30 makes much of a difference here, I mean both the m20 and m30 use motronic 1.1/1.3... right?

Comment

I have the same problem with my mpg guage however the tach on mine is also a little jumpy less than a 1 or 2 mm. I was told to check for loose grounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X