Looking for a mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a mechanic

I need some recommendations for a mechanic experienced in repairing E30s in the Beaverton Oregon area. My car has the "erratic idle disease" and I have been unable to find the cause of it.
    It all started after I changed the timing belt and tensioner. I also changed spark plugs, wires, rotor, oxygen sensor, fan clutch, adjusted the valves, new motor mounts, shocks, springs etc, etc, aaaagghhhh.:crazy:
    Yes I have been using the Bentley manual. If the timing belt was off by a tooth would that cause the surging? Any ideas before I pay a mechanic. It did not have this problem before I changed all the parts.

Anyone??

Comment

What are the problems you are having? try and make them detailed as possible.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

Possible that the plugs are not gapped correctly or that the timing is off because the cap was installed incorrectly? Just some ideas to get the ball rolling here.
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
          Possible that the plugs are not gapped correctly or that the timing is off because the cap was installed incorrectly? Just some ideas to get the ball rolling here.
          i was thinking the timing was off.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

Pedro,

The symptoms so far are. Idle OK while cold. Then it revs from 200 to 1200 rpms once warm. I thought it was the oxygen sensor but I just installed a new one two days ago. I tested the ICV and the resistance is OK and it closes if you apply 12v directly. Put some cleaner in it and checked the hoses attached to it. Everything checks out.

Mike325,

I gapped the plugs to the Bentley specs same with the cap.

Being that the problem started after the timing belt replacement I was thinking that it would be something related to it. Also the "check" light has been flashing since I bought it.

Is there a way to check the timing now that it is all assembled.

Comment

throttle position sensor
              vacuum leak

is the check light just for the brake lights?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
              X