oil filter housing bolt? hollow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil filter housing bolt? hollow?

I called Pete McHenry today about some info regarding an oil source for the turbo..He suggested take out the big 19 mm bolt that holds on the oil filter housing, and tap down the middle of it...because its hollow. Can anyone confirm? Also, when i take this bolt off, willthe housing come off? or will it stay attached, and how much oil will come out? (a lot, a little etc)

Assuming your car as sat overnight, not much oil will come out.

Yes that bolt is hollow.

Yes the entire housing will come off with it.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Why don't you use the oil pressure send er like everyone else? there maybe to much flow coming out of that bolt, and then it is not filtered oil...
      remember, you don't want the turbo to see that much oil pressure or you will blow it by the bushings..

Comment

i am very aware of these. I have decided just to use the pressure sender though. Is your car turbo'd Peter?

Comment

take the oils ender to feed yout yurbo man, forget all other sources....

here is mine..

I made a custom "T" fitting , then connected to the line with a oil press regulator to prevent over flow and over press in the turbo...

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I did AN -4 fittings coming straight from the pressure sender(via an adapter) and into a ball valve at the turbo. after that I had the valve go into a t fitting. one end into turbo, one end into the adapter for my oil pressure guage. I ditched the idiot light and used analog guage. at idle I see about 5psi of oil pressure into the turbo and 20-25psi under full throttle.
            the turbo is oil and water cooled so I can get away with jsut enought oil flow to bathe the bushings.

and yes my car is turbo-ed... ;)

Comment

Working...
            X