Driveline Vibes - GRRRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveline Vibes - GRRRR

Ok so I have new tranny mounts coming as I know they are an issue. Also both of my rear axles have torn boots and are trashed. Keeping that in mind are they my issue?

Flexdisc and Guibo are BRAND NEW - I have new bolts for it as I had to use 1 mismatched bolt. Not much of a miss match but not perfect

At 65mph there is a slight driveline vibe. It goes away between 65 and 80 and comes on strong at 85 and 90. It is very fast and constant.

It also is not as bad as before but it shudders a bit if you go hard in first and then again in 2nd at lower rpms(IE at take off from a stop sign)

Am I on the right track here?

When I replaced my guibo and center bearing a while back I also had a shudder that appeared after 55+ MPH.

Did you preload the center bearing? I ended up having to do this and the shudder was cured.

Comment

Yes I did. It is pushed forward :)

Comment

take the bolts of of the protector under car (from exhaust) and wobble the driveshaft. If its fine then it might have to do something w/ linkage (IE: somehow touches the guibo/ driveshaft) it happend on e36... don't know about manual e30ies.
        sigpic

Comment

I will be playing with it tomorrow. Realized that since I got the car I have not checked tire balance :)

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
            I will be playing with it tomorrow. Realized that since I got the car I have not checked tire balance :)
            That's exactly what I was going to suggest.

Comment

haha yah I havent checked it
              roflmao

I am dumb :)

Comment

Working...
              X