Which Piston Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Piston Rings?

I just noticed that the part numbers for eta and m20/b25 piston rings are different. Does anyone know what the difference is between them and if they are compatible? What about the European pistons from the 528e?
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

The two lower rings on the I are not at thick as the two lower rings on the eta pistons. And no they won't work. As for the early 525e pistons I believe they use standard eta rings. Once I get mine in the mail I'l confirm this and will fit a set of eta rings to them to make sure they fit.
    Hi finally figured why it was taking so long for my pistons to come. The company they were sent with went bankrupt, and everything was stuck in a warehouse untill some other carrier took over. They put a cluase into effect where they had 3 months to deliver items before the'd issue insurance claims. So the guy Who I buaght them from called and found out they've been sitting in a warehouse, so He got them to send them out special to me and should be here in 3-4 days(not sure if this includes the weekend). So I should know pretty soon.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Let me know what you find out. I'm still waiting to see if I'm going to get them or not. I suppose that if they are the same as an eta piston ring set, I could buy them now. Do you know which would be used on a super eta piston?
      Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

I'd think I rings but I'm not positive.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

yes...Super ETA Rings are the same as "i" Rings

Comment

Working...
          X