Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clutch stuck to the floor... still driveable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch stuck to the floor... still driveable?

so i'm assuming my slave cylinder is gone. there is a small pile of fluid under the trans. the car is at my apartment right now. is it possible to drive it still? can i manually pull the clutch pedal up to engage it? it'd be nice if i could get it over to my buddies place about 5 miles away.

just use your toes to pull it back out. my buddies 89 did that for about a month.. but then he got a new clutch.

Comment

so i can still drive it... i was just going to tie a rope to it or something.

Comment

am no clutch / tranny mastermind ... but i drove my friends car for a week like that. i don't know if it does any damage at all.. but hey fuck it, you can always fix it! the rope idea is awesome, haha.

Comment

Check you brake fluid level befor you do anything, I had a leaking slave
          cylinder for a while that would do that when the fluid got low.

I ended up replacing the slave cylinder and flushing the system.

Comment

pulling up the clutch pedal won't engage the clutch.

You'll probably have to start the car in gear, then rev-match your shifts. to stop, pull it out of gear and stop normally, then shut it off and put it in gear. start the car when you need to start moving again.

This is only a temporary solution (ie, get me to the shop) as it will damage the transmission synchros over time.
            Eric Austin
            1990 325i Sterling Silver
            ///M3 CABs | ///M3 strut bearings | Bavarian Autosport springs | UUC Race Shifter | UUC Clutch Stop

Comment

it would also fuck the starter over. I did this before but i just coasted slow until the light turns green again.

Comment

Originally posted by StrokedSix View Post
                so i'm assuming my slave cylinder is gone. there is a small pile of fluid under the trans. the car is at my apartment right now. is it possible to drive it still? can i manually pull the clutch pedal up to engage it? it'd be nice if i could get it over to my buddies place about 5 miles away.
                Dude, how much is a tow truck in your area? I get a short local tow for $35...fuck a bunch of rope, killing your starter, syncros, whatever...call a couple of tow yards!

GL!
                Luke

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

so i guess that was a bad idea then. i have another buddy that lives down the street a ways so i'll probably end up using his place to change the slave cylinder. i'll just coast down the street. it's all downhill from my place.

Comment

The slave cylinder on my parts car was toast and i wouldnt of even tried to drive it, just push it down the street, its free and you wont damage anything even more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X