Charging System Woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging System Woes.

Well, I thought it was my alternator, its not. My car's battery isn't keeping its charge while its running. While its running, its at 12 when it should be at 14. Its not the battery because the battery keeps its charge when the car isn't running. I bought a rebuilt alternator and put that in my car and it did the samething. I ended up taking my old alternator and the new rebuilt one and had them tested at Autozone and they both tested to be perfect.

I orginally had the alternator tested while it was in the car and they said it was the alternator that was bad.

I've been jumping the car to give it the juice that it needs to start up and it starts fine. Its after the car runs for 20 minutes without the assistance of another car that it either ends up dying or after I shut the car off, it doesn't even turn over.

I'm thinking its probably a lead from the alternator to the batteruy that is bad, but I'm not sure. Has anyone had this problem before?
    Current BMW's:
    2004 330Ci
    1986 European 325i cabrio
    1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
    1989 325is RIP
    1989 325iX RIP
    2001 740iL RIP

if the alternator checks out okay, then it would have to be a lead from the alternator. try making a jumper wire from the alternator to the battery and seeing if that makes any change. if it does, then you have a bad lead.

try this, i hope it helps.

Comment

This might apply to your car since it's european, but I'm not sure:
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
      X