Boost gauge and mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost gauge and mounting

I've been on the hunt for a plain looking black boost gauge that lights up red. I dont need some fancy ricer doo-hickey, just something functional that i dont have to pay out the ass for. Any clues? Does anyone remember what A piller mounting cups the E30 was able to use, off an F-350 or something? Thanks guys.

buy a Autometer Spor Comp or something liekt that, they comes with green and red cover plastic for the bulb... I have one, here is showed with the red cover...but I don't like it too much cuz it doesn't iluminate enough...

also here the source for my boost gauge... hope helps in some...

is connected to the vaccum source, so i had to make a hole to insert a tube to cennect the plastic tube...

the final position of the gauge...

:D
    [/url]
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I used mine of from Ford Focus and fits pretty good, also easy to find.

Make sure you get boost gauge with vacuum, and with replaciable bulb so you can put red bulb and match the interior, thats what I did, and matches pretty well.

I dont have any pictures but I will later.
      95' M3.
      90' 325i Turboed.
      87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

I have my guages temporarliy in the front console underneath the heater controls.
        DIego where di you get the shift light and how did you hook it up. my redline comes fast adn I would like to remedy the problem. I find the intake/turbo noise tends to muffle the engine noise. was it difficult to install the shift light?
        -pete

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCip
          I have my guages temporarliy in the front console underneath the heater controls.
          DIego where di you get the shift light and how did you hook it up. my redline comes fast adn I would like to remedy the problem. I find the intake/turbo noise tends to muffle the engine noise. was it difficult to install the shift light?
          -pete
          ou can find that Shift Lite ( Called Pro Lite) from: http://www.teceng.com.ar

I bough it from them, if you are interested in it, write to Mr. Gaston.

It's easy the installation, also the module it's very tiny and fits' whereever, also is included a little buttom that allows you push it when you are revving the engine and want ot make the setup at anya rmps and is set in the module..better than the autometer, and the LED's bright a lot!!

BTW...what turbo are you using and how much boost?
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I need to find that somewhere in the states...It looks like a very inconspicuous way of getting a shift light. where did it attach in wiring-wise?
            and you a pillar mount, where did that conme from, or who makes it. I haven't decide what I want to do with gauges yet.
            I am using a turbonetics super 60 pushing 8.5-9 pounds of boost. intercooled and water injected...

I am getting a hesitation under full load at around 4000 RPM that I cant figure out.. it sounds like it misses for about 500 rpm and then comes on hard and true... any ideas?

Comment

mmm, don't know the size of that turbo, cuz I don't know them, mine is Garret T3 .42, I sopouse that is smaller than yours...

The gauge pod I bought from www.gaugepods.com 45 painted I think.....

One is ground, other the source for the 12 volts , but from the dash, not from the battery, one is for the buttom that runs to the module and has it's own ground cable and th eother is taken from the tach line...in the coil..

Comment

the super 60 has a .45 turbine A/R and a .6 compressor A/R
                it spools quite fast and reaches the peak boost level at about 3200RPM.
                sounds like an easier task than I thought it was gonna be.. sounds good..

Comment

Working...
                X