Ok Then - e30 Odometer/Cluster - Stopped Counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Then - e30 Odometer/Cluster - Stopped Counting

Ok well it worked when I got the car. It suddenly stopped. I think I may have reset the trip odometer while moving. Could this have broken the gears?

Can I fix my cluster? I JUST put in all new bulbs and it looks so nice and everything works...

Or I can buy another cluster with 200,000 miles which is right where my e30 is....

Help and guidance please!

you stripped the gears, http://www.odometergears.com/ sells replacement gears
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

or you could get the gear on ebay for $35
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

If you're going to replace the gears, do all of the trouble ones. 3 for VDO or 4 for Motometer. The ebay guy in Spain sometimes lists them, but I believe you can email him and get them that way. Odometergears.com is more expensive, but alway has them and ships quickly.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
        When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
        "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
        Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
          Ok well it worked when I got the car. It suddenly stopped. I think I may have reset the trip odometer while moving. Could this have broken the gears?

Can I fix my cluster? I JUST put in all new bulbs and it looks so nice and everything works...

Or I can buy another cluster with 200,000 miles which is right where my e30 is....

Help and guidance please!
          I guarantee if you buy another cluster from the yard the gears will already be busted.

I just live with it. If I couldn't I'd save for a new one from the stealership or BMA.

Comment

I will check out that site...

DIY on here for replacement?

Comment

I believe what you need is right here:

write up

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
              When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
              "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
              Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X