Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adjusting clutch pedal

hey guys
    How do you adjust the play on the clutch pedal, it engages fine and all, but it has about one inch of play before it actually disengages or engages the clutch. I see two little nuts with a threaded bolt going through it, but which way tightens it? Im really tired of clutch pedal play, it messes with smooth shifting...

You need two wrenches to loosen it I believe.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I know that part, but which way do I turn?

Comment

anything???

Comment

since its a fluid clutch system it isnt going to be as tight as Cable, Im not sure you can get it much tighter. unless you have air in the system. Then it just needs to be purged
          sigpic

Comment

I did not think that it was adjustable. Bleed it, or get a stainless steel braided clutch line.
            Originally posted by KingB
            Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by HST View Post
              I did not think that it was adjustable. Bleed it, or get a stainless steel braided clutch line.
              I agree but, There shouldnt be so much pressure that you need a stainless braided line. Maybe just a new stock one?
              sigpic

Comment

do you realize how much pressure is in the hydraulic system? SS lines just helpin the long run. Its the same as SS brake lines. I have both SS clutch and brake lines. If he has to bleed the line anyway you might as well upgrade it imho..
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                  do you realize how much pressure is in the hydraulic system? SS lines just helpin the long run. Its the same as SS brake lines. I have both SS clutch and brake lines. If he has to bleed the line anyway you might as well upgrade it imho..
                  I know how much pressure is on that line, And its no were near a multiplied brakeing pressure from a brake booster. Yes it will help but it wont take out that "slack"
                  sigpic

Comment

I doubt I have air in the line because the clutch feels very stiff ( in a good way) and catches exactly at the same point everytime ( near the top )

BUT!
                    Its the clutch pedal play that bothers me, the stop ( not the one that stops it going down when you press it in , The stop that stops it on the way up) I feel is to far up, If i could move it in about 1/4 -1/2 inch that would take all the play out.
                    Any one know how to adjust that little stop, I noticed there is a little red sleeve on it that can be moved but it wont say where I want it to....?

Comment

I believe you need to adjust the MC and from looking at it in the Bentley it looks like a trial and error process.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Can you advise me on how its done? I dont have access to a bently.... Im going to get one soon but this needs to be done asap. What exactly am I looking for?

Comment

Working...
                        X