Tranny Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny Bolts

Got a couple of questions that I couldn't really find answers to.

Okay, so I have my tranny out, it has been pulled a few times and I figure it is time to replace to the bolts, they are getting pretty worn.

Is there a place to buy them except without the starhex style and without the allen heads? Just regular bolts? I understand places like Tacoma Screw have a wide inventory, I just dont know if someone has a kit already.

Secondly, I need a few other bolts, I have found them on realoem, just curious as to where I should order from now that i have parts numbers (do I need to go to a dealership?)

Thanks!
    -Eric
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Go down to Napa. My napa has bins with most bolt sized I've ever needed. There was a set of nyloc nuts I needed for my volvo, that I had to go to salem screw.

Just take the bolts you want to replace down to napa and screw them into the bolt-o-matic to get their pitch, and start digging through the bins. Just make sure you have the right grade bolts.

Tranny bolts can be weird though since they're not threaded the whole way. Might have a harder time finding.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
      Tranny bolts can be weird though since they're not threaded the whole way. Might have a harder time finding.
      That was my only concern.

We have John Deere place here with a huge collection. I will see what I can come up with.
      Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Comment

I'd also check with the local independent euro shops. They'll know of anywhere around you to get those bolts if they can be found locally. Of course, they'll know where to order from too.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
        When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
        "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
        Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

hmmm ,everytime I need a washer and a bolt or something for the car I usually call the stealership and ask them, and they usually go to a hardware store, but tranny bolts...might want to get factory ones for guarenteed fitment.

The funny things is i have always thought the e-torx bolts were like wheel locks, who is going to steal the transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by buhnah7 View Post
            The funny things is i have always thought the e-torx bolts were like wheel locks, who is going to steal the transmission?

Shadey eastern Europeans on Holiday in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Sun View Post
              Shadey eastern Europeans on Holiday in Germany.
              FTL, i can just imagine some guy waltzing down the street with a 260 getrag and the cops asking where he got it

Comment

As far as places online, www.mcmaster.com is the BOMB. Cheap and FAST shipping (I.E. - USPS Priority Mail means 3 day shipping). Might be a bit expensive though since (after looking), you have to buy a box of 10. Would be like $20-$30.

Comment

You should just use the factory bolts. I know that the torx head are used for a reason. I read because they can take the high torque that will be applied when you remove them. I would not skimp on this aspect and just spend the extra money and time to do it right. Imagine stripping a tranny bolt because you did not get the right bolts
                  Originally posted by cabriodster87
                  "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                  Originally posted by Kershaw
                  i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Has anyone swapped to studs?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Keep with the torx bolts. There is reall no reason to swat to "normal" bolts. I have never striped a torx, but what striped other "normal" tranny bolts. those top ones are a bitch, torx bolts FTW!
                      Originally posted by KingB
                      Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X