Question on fuel pump - removal of rear seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on fuel pump - removal of rear seats

1 - Is the e30 just like the e36 and all other bmws? Just yank up on the seat bottom and it pops off?

2 - See Here - http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Trouble/535ihot_start.asp

What line do I need to cut on the e30 to do this and what side of the car is it on? Anyone have a picture? Or description so I install the check valve on the proper hose :)

Thanks guys!

1 - Yes.

2 - I believe it is pass. side towards the rear of the car, but since you're replacing all your old rubber fuel lines anyway (right?) It would be the one that goes into the fuel filter.
    Last edited by AlarmedBread; 10-27-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

not replacing the whole line... just putting this check valve in... cheaper and better than replacing a working pump. That is BMW made it available :)

Comment

If all you want to do is to install a check valve, that would be easier to do in the engine bay. Just insert the valve in the soft line that feeds the fuel rail.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

3. You will need to place the check valve as close as possible to the fuel pump. Measure how much you will have to cut then cut it.

Comment

Anyone confirm the "outside" line on the passenger side?

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
              1 - Yes.

2 - I believe it is pass. side towards the rear of the car, but since you're replacing all your old rubber fuel lines anyway (right?) It would be the one that goes into the fuel filter.
              ======================================
              FTW DRIVERS SIDE ON THE CABBY
              :pimp:

Comment

I AM NOT REPLACING ALL THE LINES... i popped up the passenger side and looks NOTHING like the pictures... I will snap a picture and see which one is the high pressure line

Also the high pressure goes from the pump straight to the fuel filter correct?

Comment

Correct, high pressure goes straight to the fuel filter, and runs down the driver's side of the car
                  85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
                  X