Strut Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut Bearings

I've got my car up on stands replacing all sorts of stuff. I've decided that I may as well replace the front strut tower bearings too. My car has a set of H&R sport springs and I just installed a pair of Treehouse Racing eyeball arms. I'm not going to race my car so I dont need infinitely adjustable suspension. On the other hand, if running stock bearings would cause tire wear issues, I guess I can pony up a few more bucks for a KMAC kit (for example).

I've noticed that BavAuto sells stock styled offset bearings, these are $170 EACH. You can buy the fully adjustable caster/camber KMAC kit from TMS for $300. Aside from stock-class racers, is there any other benefit to buying the offset bearings. It seems like a no-brainer.

Ideally, I would love to get away with stock replacement bearings. I've been spending money like I print the shit myself lately.

Any guidance or input would be appreciated. TIA,

kr
    Last edited by kroberts; 10-28-2007, 07:30 PM.

check F/S section. I'm selling a NEW pair of bearings and install kit at great savings that I bought from Bav Autosports that I never installed

Comment

Thanks but I'm hoping to get a little guidance concerning the usage of a camber kit vs. stock bearings.

kr

Comment

I have stock bearings on my lowered E36. I also have offset CABs. My front tires have no abnormal wear issues. They do wear a little faster on the inside but it is nothing that I can't handle. BTW Call Patrick at BMA, I bet he could get the offset bearings for cheaper. For all you peeps that don't know, he can get just about any performance part for the same price or cheaper than anyone else.
        Originally posted by KingB
        Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

With H&R Sport springs you are fine with stock Bearings. Dont worry about the offset ones or any camber kits.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X