Throttle coolant Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle coolant Hose

I know there is a thread a little down that I believe is dealing with the same hose, but my car is at a shop and they are telling me they have to remove the intake manifold to get to this hose? I think that its a load of BS and from reading someone else's post it says you should be able to get to it after removing the intake boot and some other stuff...

Is this true or is it necessary to remove the intake manifold?

Thanks for any help and I am still searching as well.
    Keep on Keepin' on.

definitely bs. i replaced mine with everything intact, only removing the intake boot/afm/icv.

Also, the feed and return lines to the TB connect to a little union block, which has a profile gasket to the throttle that is prone to leaking. Sometimes that makes it look like a hose is leaking, but the leak still occurs after you've replaced the hoses.
    Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Ender. View Post
      I know there is a thread a little down that I believe is dealing with the same hose, but my car is at a shop and they are telling me they have to remove the intake manifold to get to this hose? I think that its a load of BS and from reading someone else's post it says you should be able to get to it after removing the intake boot and some other stuff...

Is this true or is it necessary to remove the intake manifold?

Thanks for any help and I am still searching as well.

it is because they are a bunch of panzy's and are wanting to rip you off...no need to take the intake manifold off. I would tell them to stop, and try to get the car before they do all that, all you need to do is remove the 90degree intake boot, brake booster vacuum hose, pcv hose, and loosen the starter cables after unhooking the battery, and you can get down to it, just you have to do it by feel, cant see anything. Someone with ogre hand is prolly S.O.L...goodluck getting them to listen to you
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah it just sucks not having time to work on my car, or I would do all of this myself. Im going to have to give them a call and explain it to them over the phone. They are a pretty decent shop and I don't think they are necassarily trying to rip me off, they just don't normally work on BMWs...
        Keep on Keepin' on.

Comment

Working...
        X