Wiper don't park correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper don't park correctly

My wipers end up half mast when I shut them off. It's pretty annoying. I've gotten to the point where I just turn the car off when they're down and pull the fuse. I heard there's a disk or something that has to be set. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
    Mike

If the wiper sweeps correctly, then the problem is in the motor. I haven't had to do this myself, but from what I've read (and done on non-bmw's) you'll need to take out the wiper motor and clean it up inside.

Comment

I had that problem about a year ago. Nut that holds the linkage to the motor was loose. With wipers in the park position, loosen nut on motor shaft, move wipers to normal position and tighten the nut.

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a try. I already took the motor apart. Big mistake. It's very tough to get back together. The square nuts won't stay in place while I'm screwing it together. I also tried moving the arms which resulted in them going too far down.
        How do I get to the nut the connects the linkage to the motor. Bloody nuckles I guess.:?

Thanks

Comment

Problem Solved

Thanks guys. Just like he said. There is a 10mm nut on the bottom of the motor that holds the linkage on. Just remove, pop the arm and reset.
          Much better.:grin:

Comment

Working...
          X