car stuttering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car stuttering problem

i just changed the fuel filter in my car but it still seems to stutter and lubnge when driving it. I just noticed it yesterday(ii just baught the car and havnt driven it much). What could possible problems be? i really have no ideas for this one.

If the problem is worse at higher speed and larger throttle openings I'd suspect a fuel pressure/delivery problem. That could be from a failing pump or sediment in the tank clogging the pump inlet screen. A pressure & delivery test (see the Benteley manual) should tell if either pump is failing.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

mine does the same thing, but only in first gear around 2k. bogs then lurches forward....
      Originally posted by NavyE30
      I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

I'm having a very similar problem. My problem only occurs after I've been driving for over 15 min and the engine is good and warm. It usually happens as I give it some more gas to get over a hill or changing gears. It only happens when the throttle is opened, usually around 3k RPM The engine bogs down, the car bucks and acts like it's being choked. The check engine light comes on for a short time while this is happening then goes away. It's throwing code 46, oxygen sensor.
        Does anyone know if this error could occur for both lean and rich conditions?
        I'm thinking it's a fuel pressure/delivery problem but I'm concerned about testing for it since it happens intermittently and only when the engine is very warm.
        Any ideas?

Comment

The check engine light comes on for a short time while this is happening then goes away. It's throwing code 46, oxygen sensor.
          The obvious thing to try at this point would be a new O2 sensor...
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

^
            I would think so too if I hadn't just replaced it. The O2 sensor is less than three weeks old. I think the sensor is detecting that the engine is running either too rich or too lean. I'm just not sure which.

Comment

you guys should try checkin the Airflow meter, thats what my bros car was doing at full throttle...it fixed the problem when he changed it...
              sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to give an update, my problem was the fuel pump. I replaced it over the weekend and now the stuttering problems are gone.

Comment

Working...
                X