Identify This Reservoir!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify This Reservoir!

Well. I have been poking around trying to figure out what is leaking. My poking led me the the pipe that drains from the bottom of the below pictured reservoir. Can somebody help me out, What is the name of it? I'm thinking that it is the brake fluid reservoir. I haven't gotten the Bentley manual yet(parents and their Christmas gifts).

oh no. Check what the cap says. Do you have a zf master cylinder?

Comment

thats for power steering
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
        thats for power steering
        you made it too easy...
        Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

This thread made me laugh. I hope you get that Bentley for Christmas
          '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

While your under the hood there, check your blinker fluid reservoir, it's directly behind that other one you were trying to figure out, it's the yellowish one with the two wires for the blinker reservoir heating element. I'll tell ya its a real pain in the arse when you run out of blinker fluid on a cold damp night.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              While your under the hood there, check your blinker fluid reservoir, it's directly behind that other one you were trying to figure out, it's the yellowish one with the two wires for the blinker reservoir heating element. I'll tell ya its a real pain in the arse when you run out of blinker fluid on a cold damp night.
              ha ha thanks for reminding me to check mine farbin!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Lol
                sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, there was a time in my life when I was honestly tempted to ask questions like this one.

By the way, the brake fluid reservoir is the one right next to the power steering fluid reservoir.

Also, remember to put automatic transmission fluid in the power steering reservoir, that's how BMW designed it (not a joke, read the cap).

'88 325is
                  VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                  BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
                    Don't worry, there was a time in my life when I was honestly tempted to ask questions like this one.

By the way, the brake fluid reservoir is the one right next to the power steering fluid reservoir.

Also, remember to put automatic transmission fluid in the power steering reservoir, that's how BMW designed it (not a joke, read the cap).
                    Yes, read the cap, for the cold climate cars use Pentosin(green fluid) and for others use ATF.
                    Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                    BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                    BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                    BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      don't forget to check your 2nd transmission
                      http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

Muffler bearings might be bad too. But, nice thing is, there's no muffler fluid.

In all honesty though...we all start somewhere. Good you're getting a Bentley though!
                        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                        X