how much are replacement windshields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much are replacement windshields?

need to get one done. one place quoted me $250 due to the trim around the iX's window. wtf??? $250??? is this normal pricing for an e30??

thanks!

The rubber weatherstripping and new lockstrip runs around $125-150. Are they installing new weatherstripping? Usually the lockstrip can be reused.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      The rubber weatherstripping and new lockstrip runs around $125-150. Are they installing new weatherstripping? Usually the lockstrip can be reused.
      they're going to try to reuse the weatherstripping but if not, they'll replace it.

Comment

We sell the windshield molding from $25-30, and the lock strip is $44-50, all depending on year/model. I believe it's all the same, the only difference is the chrome trim. The windshield usually runs for about $100-150.
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

just buy the glass and a lockstrip tool. really easy to do on your own.

Comment

I got quoted the same, guess I will have to look around..

Comment

I got a new one for $114. I installed it. It was PPG glass, and that made me proud cause my grandfather and father put in 30 years each making glass at PPG.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
              X