Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injector harness removal, ??

1990 325i, m20 engine..

so how do you get that plug thats underneath the intake manifold off?
    I've got the injector plugs off, but there is that last plug that I can't seem to figure out how to disconnect from its bracket.
    The other end of the plug comes off easily(just screw off) but the end that is connected to the injector harness is still connected to a metal bracket which is bolted down.

any ideas?
    i'm trying to get these injectors out to see if they're the cause of my idle problem...

thanks!

I just replaced a whole set of injectors and the only way I could get them out was to loosen all the intake nuts. I just ran them out to the ends of the studs but not off and I was able to get enough room to remove the rail with all injectors. Wasn't a bad job only took about an hour to replace them. I left the wiring on the engine, I just unplugged it from each injector and only took the rail out with injectors still attached. Hope this helps.
    sigpic
    1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
    1995 E30 325e (in progress)
    1987 E30 325is (totaled)
    1990 E30 325i
    1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
    1996 E36 328ic
    1997 Z3
    2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

on that plug, there is another spin on nut, that holds it to the bracket. remove it and you can then pull the plug off the bracket.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

thanks! got it,
        couldn't see that extra ring down there.
        though I realized that I could have just examined that giant version of the same connector that sits up top by the intake mani.. it comes apart the same way.

Comment

Working...
        X