Any opinions on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any opinions on this?

Hi guys found this while brousing the web. Any one ever waffleswaffleswaffles Option 4 and used the M30 engine control and wiring? Any comments Stu on this? Is it worth it compared to ussing a 325i computer with a chip? I know some of the euro and early M30 were 2.8 litter so I'd gues the ecu would be better from those engine as it's already designed for the higher stroke and displacement. Where as the 325i computer isn't designed for a 2.7i Engine.http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Looks pretty complicated but aside from the overbore pistons, we're already there with the exception of the ecu and harness. What's the address of the site where you found this?
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

drop me an email and I'll email you the article as an attachment. Someone on roadfly posted it and I saved it but made no note fo the address. So far I haven't been able to get a straight answer if it will help any or not. I'm thinkign it might give some gains but that running the newer 325i ecu would be just as good as it is Motronic versus L-jectronic. There is a whole 528i setup on ebay so that got me thinking.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

That's actually a page taken out of the BMW Enthusiast's Companion.

Fred

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
        '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
        Strictly Eta

Comment

Hey Fred. How's the stroker holding up? Did you ever find out what caused the loss of power shortly after installation?
          Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Working...
          X