car shut off, check engine 1215, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car shut off, check engine 1215, help

First off all last week i was driving on the freeway then my car randomly started stuttering / sounded like shit and barley any power. After some inspection with my uncle i found 3 wires on the main harness near the starter that were bad. Fixed up the wires today and at the same time when trying to figure out the problem i put fuel induction cleaner in the gas tank to help clean out the injectors. After this the cars idle would jump around from 1k to 2k back and forth which i figured was normal until i ran through the rest of the gas.

So later tonight i was drivin home from the gym when all the sudden all my gauges dropped (lights and everything stayed on) and engine shut off. So im coasting along then i start it back up, starts up no problem and everything comes on, but i noticed the widow switch lights didnt come back and the widows wouldnt go up or down. About a minute later the check engine light went away and i pulled up to my house. I checked for the code and 1215 came up which is the air flow meter.

Im not really sure what to do or if i should be worried. Would the induction cleaner make it throw a cel or should i be concerned with the afm even though the cel went off soon after the car shut off. Any help would be great
    also why would it cause my windows and sunroof to stop working
    Last edited by fmxomar; 12-29-2007, 11:28 PM.

Air Mass/Volume Sensor

This code is stored if there is a break or short-circuit at: Air Mass Flow Meter or its supply wires or the voltage supply to Air Mass Flow Meter insufficient. Cable damage is the most common cause of this trouble code.

Sounds like it isn't getting enough voltage even though you patched the wiring. I'd go back and check for other damage.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
    When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Working...
    X