allergic reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allergic reaction

Not sure if this has happened to anyone here but my girlfriend just came home from switzerland and i have been driving her around in my new e30 that i bought. I had the heat/blower on and she began to feel lousy after a few minutes. It wasn't so bad as when i turned the blower off but she still felt lousy. Therefore my question would be is there an air cabin filter in these cars ? If so where is it. I figured if there is filter of some time it probably is covered with pollen after all years of use. Any help would be great. thanks.

There was a cabin filtration system but to retro fit it would be very tough. Finding parts would be tough. Do you have any mold in the car? Mold makes many people ill. It gets in the carpets and then the hvac circulates it.

Comment

I do not see any mold in the car. I guess there is a possibility of there being mold under the carpet. Is there air filter i can replace that might fix the problem? I am not sure how the cabin filtration system works. Would it be in my bentley? thanks for the help.

Comment

Not in Bentley, It's in real oem in the blown up drawings but thinking most parts are going to be NLA, It was an EU thing. I added a Hepa filter to my STBX's VW Passat some time ago when we owned it. It went under the cowl and worked well.

Comment

filter

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
          There was a cabin filtration system but to retro fit it would be very tough. Finding parts would be tough. Do you have any mold in the car? Mold makes many people ill. It gets in the carpets and then the hvac circulates it.
          I am confused. Does my car have a cabin filtration system or not? thanks

Comment

US spec? NO EU spec Maybe it was an option on AC equipped cars. I have no clue as to where you live, you list Switzerland and Pa.

Comment

sorry about that i am now home in Philadelphia, Pa. And yes my car does have air conditioning. I guess it would be best to check the vin#? thanks again.

Comment

Maybe i have some mold in the ducts or something. maybe a freon leak too. not sure i am just writing and thinking now.

Comment

Not likely gonna have it, but you could do a vin check. Did you look at real oem? It shows the housing and how it slides in.

If you wanted to add some simple airfiltration you could do a simple cut a home HVAC filter and install it downstream of the fan.

Just remember you will have to change it at least annually. The factory setup is to use on Recirc setting.

Comment

cool thanks for the help

Comment

Is this the filter that you mentioned?

Comment

yes if you goto the hvac section you will see where it goes.

Comment

same thing happen to me. it was mold under the back seat and in the truck on that cardboard that fits over the metal piece behind the rear seat. made me sick when i would drive for about 10mins.

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

mold

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                            same thing happen to me. it was mold under the back seat and in the truck on that cardboard that fits over the metal piece behind the rear seat. made me sick when i would drive for about 10mins.
                            this is good to know. thanks

Comment

I must be a moron because i cant find where this microfilter belongs...

Comment

Working...
                              X