Car throttle problems, need diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car throttle problems, need diagnosis

It was below zero this morning and i start up my car and the throttle seemed to be stuck at 1500rpm. Since i was in a hurry to get to work i ignored it. at the light however when i put the clutch in the car almost died on me. it did it at every light so i had to blip the throttle to keep it from dying. On the way home the car idled again at 1500rpm and did the same thing at lights. however when i got to my drive way i blipped the throttle and the car began to blip the throttle by itself from 2000-2500 rpm. i checked the butterfly to see if it was snagged or getting stuck and it was fine. cable seems fine, not frayed. so i was thinking the icv is dirty? anyone else have input?

m42 for reference

Intake leak?
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by psloan View Post
      Intake leak?
      i can test that out now, i am going back to my stock box from a cone filter. will report results. even though its in the single digits and im going to freeze my ass off. :(

Comment

Sorry man. May be the TPS as well.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

haha u need m42club.com

there is anther thread that is great but i need to run to work now i will find it later

Comment

dude I hear you. Mine was doing the same thing for the past couple of weeks and still is. It is definitely too cold to go out there right now and work on it though.
            Continuous For Sale Thread
            323i s50

Comment

everyone click here http://m42club.com/forums/showthread...ight=cold+idol

Comment

Working...
              X