Seat repair question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat repair question

My seat has a gangsta lean, and it's really bothering me, I bought the seats cheap, not realizing the problem. I know that there are two screws in the seatback that are usually the culprit, but that's not the case. They're tight as they'll go. It seems like there's something in the mechanism that leans the seat that's messed up. The PO apparently knew of the problem, as there's an extra piece of plastic in there that looks like it's supposed to hold it up or something
    sigpic

its in the frame..likely cracked.

There are tons of resources here including links to a site where a guy does it all step by step with pictures to show you the repair procedures. Try the DIY and FAQs section

Some people weld the cracks.. some fashion braces with screws. It is very common, and I will need to tack this very soon as well.

Comment

If you cannot fix the frame, I just took out two good seats. Let me know if you want one. They both have rips but the frames are good.

Comment

I don't even know where to look...I took it apart, and it looks to me like it's coming from the mechanism that tilts it, nothing looks broken, it just, tilts
        sigpic

Comment

Look and see if you have some loose change in it. You may be rich!!!

Comment

Working...
          X