Help with part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with part number?

I just bought this M3 cluster shroud from Super Duper, and he mentioned that the ///M emblem was kind of faded, so I'd like to order a new one to replace it. But for the life of me, I CANNOT find the damn part number! I've checked RealOEM and that other ETK site, but all that comes up is the standard E30 cluster. Can someone help me out?

Josh IIRC it's a sticker, or you'll just have to get a new cluster. I'll check on my way home to make sure. Car is in storage right now.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
      Josh IIRC it's a sticker, or you'll just have to get a new cluster. I'll check on my way home to make sure. Car is in storage right now.
      I'm definitely not getting a new cluster, that pic above is the actual shroud itself I got from Bob, and it was a steal. So we'll have to see.

Comment

I have wondered the same thing for my m3 cluster and never did find anything on it. I was wondering however if the DS-II //M wheel decal would work ? It looks to be very close in size .... Hmmm....

I just measured the ones on my DS-II's that I have laying around and they are approx 11/16" long by 3/8" tall and not very thick but are somewhat of a thick kind of decal in comparison to the one on the cluster. I do not have my car with me here out of town where I can measure the one on the cluster to see if these would work.

#4 on this page might work. Measure the one on your cluster and see if it is close to that size I posted above. I will get a picture of the decals on my DS-II's tomorrow and post up for you.

Last edited by atomic; 01-11-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I have 2 of those in one of my parts bins, but I'm kind of hesitant about using it. I put one over the check light in my non-M cluster, just to kind of get the look, and now that I have the actual M cluster shroud, I want to keep it the way it is originally. But it's starting to look like I won't be able to find just the little cluster badge.

This is what my cluster looks like now:

Comment

I agree guess the only alternative is going to the dealer and having them search for it on their system. Might be worth the try anyways. The one I mentioned and that you have are IMHO going to be to glossy for the right look.

Comment

It's not a sticker, and you can't just order the logo.
              Thats why M3 housings are worth money.
              Below the radar...

Comment

Could you perhaps paint it? I got one on ebay for 36$ and it looks like it is faded.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                  It's not a sticker, and you can't just order the logo.
                  Thats why M3 housings are worth money.
                  Thanks for clarifying, Chris. It's not like it's faded to black and white, so I guess I'll just use it as is.

Comment

Aren't they all a little faded? I have never seen one that has vibrant colors.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                      Aren't they all a little faded? I have never seen one that has vibrant colors.
                      I have, but it was back in '88....

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X