Motherf***er....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherf***er....

I've been fucking around with the ignition tumbler for the past 45 minutes, it refuses to come out...

What the fuck am I missing?

I've searched..... read the bentley manual..... how can this be such a pain in the ass!!!!!

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thanks, but I read that one already.... I think mine is just fucked.

Comment

It took me forever to get mine out. Get a paperclip in that small hole and put the key in. Just try it for a while, take a break and do something that wont make you crazy, try some more, etc, etc. When mine broke it took forever to get out. The new one was easy in and easy out.
        sigpic

Comment

I feel your pain! In my 318is it actually came out quite easily with the paperclip. I almost wet myself because it was so easy. But, it wasn't broken.

I strugged for a few hours with one in my E36, which removes the same way. I never got it out, but also, it was broken. I used every tool in my arsenal--propane torch, PB Blaster (I thought it was rusted in place or something).

I ended up replacing the entire assembly--lock tumbler, lock housing, and ignition switch.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

jason's sig is ffffn' awesome!
            sigpic

Comment

I hear you... one can only be so patient, performing such a ridiculous task.

This one isn't broken, turns smoothly, works great really..... It's coming out of a parts car... I'm just going to take the entire wheel lock assembly out, and call it a day.

Does BMW make a tool for this?

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
              It took me forever to get mine out. Get a paperclip in that small hole and put the key in. Just try it for a while, take a break and do something that wont make you crazy, try some more, etc, etc. When mine broke it took forever to get out. The new one was easy in and easy out.

Comment

PN 90 88 6 323 110

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Thanks!!

Maybe that bend at the tip has something to do with it.....

Originally posted by FredK View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X