air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air filter

hey what do you guys think of taking out my air box and putting in a air filter round one.
    also how do you no if you car has a chip in it . i looked on here and someone said to rev the eugine up and if it goes past red line then you have one . well i did that and red line for my car is 6000 it went to 6500 and the limiter cut in
    thanks guys
    wilson

6000rpm in an m42? I thought the redline in those were higher...unless LM vert's are different? anyone care to chime in?

Don't mess with cone filters, they are a waste of money in these cars. The best choice is a K&N panel filter (just a replacement for your regular paper filter)

Comment

so you dont think it would help out any with the air cone ?
      and i think the tach only goes to 7000 rpms . i just got the car about a month ago and been working on cleaning it up and getting everything done to it . freaking thing leaked like crazy tell me and my girlfriend did some C.S.I work on it and got that fixed
      thanks for the input on the cone i was going to get one
      wilson

Comment

Originally posted by kyle wilson View Post
        so you dont think it would help out any with the air cone ?
        and i think the tach only goes to 7000 rpms . i just got the car about a month ago and been working on cleaning it up and getting everything done to it . freaking thing leaked like crazy tell me and my girlfriend did some C.S.I work on it and got that fixed
        thanks for the input on the cone i was going to get one
        Ya don't worry about the cone, just a waste of $$$. Look closely at your tach, where does it redline? the needle should stop right at the redline unless you have a chip. Make sure your engine is fully warmed up though before you rev it like that!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          Ya don't worry about the cone, just a waste of $$$. Look closely at your tach, where does it redline? the needle should stop right at the redline unless you have a chip. Make sure your engine is fully warmed up though before you rev it like that!
          well i did that and it goes past the red line . so i would think it was chiped
          wilson

Comment

Working...
          X