What Sways to run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Sways to run?

Hey guys, I am starting to research sway bars and would like some opinions about not only who to go with, but who to buy them from.

Specs of my suspension currently

H&R Cup Kit
    M3 Urethane Offset Control Arm Bushings
    New Control Arms
    New Front/Rear Sway Links.

I do plan on doing new front shock mounts, and e46 cabrio rear shock mounts, however I am starting to get tired of the body roll associated with the stock sways.

Any opinions are welcomed, 86 325 is the car

Cabrio front bar (21mm)
    M3 rear bar (14.5mm)

M3 drop links with the sway bar tab from GC. With any luck in finding the necessary parts you can be setup for much cheaper than aftermarket.

BTW- I believe the Eibach sways are 21mm and 16mm respectively.

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Ditto on the m3 links and Ground control tabs. They cost me a total of $60 for the links, tabs, and welding. You could use them with your stock bar and still make it feel like the car has a larger front bar. I noticed a big difference with the 21mm front bar after I added the m3 llinks.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I have the sway links for the e30 m3 in my garage, brand new, just need to weld the tabs

that is on my list, so whatever sways I get I want to make sure they will work fine with that setup as well

Comment

they should all work with the tabs. You just want to make sure you don't go to big up front. Right now with the stock rear bar it feels like I need a bigger rear bar like the m3 one.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Yeah, I'd recommend attacking the rear setup first. Even with my fairly aggressive front to rear setup (300F/475R) I still have some understeer to dial out.

Comment

Working...
            X