Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm? Battery died

Ok, I need help.
    I was replacing the steering rack on my car, and had the key in the ignition to keep the wheel unlocked while I was aligning the rack. The battery ended up dying because I left it on for so long. Now, I've charged the battery, and the alarm light in the center of the center console thing is blinking along with my brake lights and turn signals. The starter doesn't turn when I try to start it, so I figure it has to do with the alarm.

My question is, how do i disable the alarm so i can start my car?
    If life passes you by... Downshift.

The problem may be that the battery has died as a result of the deep discharge. That isn't an unknown problem if the battery has significant age on it (over three-four years old). In that case the battery may not come up to fully charged voltage (12.7v) after being charged or it may reach that point but it voltage will significantly drop under load. A bit of work with a DMM will tell if that's the problem, or you can pull the battery and have it tested.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

disarm your alarm
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I didn't put the alarm in, and i have had no issues with it until now. I'm not sure how to disarm it. Thats the problem.

And i'll go check how old the battery is. I didn't think it was very old, but it might be.
        If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

Working...
        X