Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various things; please read, you

Had a few Q's on my E30:

Has anyone ever had their blower motor squeak and squeal high-pitched before at random? What'd you do 'bout that...

My brights sometimes randomly flash on and other cars get real pissy. To replace the turn signal/dimmer stalk, do you have to wire things up or is it a plug or something?

Has anyone ever removed (from an E30) the hood pop cable and pull lever? How do you do it, and, where the fuck do you start? Mine broke right at where it fastens to the handle. ...and how do you remove the latch itself?

What's the max. CCA you can have with a battery for an E30?

Does anyone (literally, any person) have a pearlbeige, vinyl sport seat from an 87 E30? god damn.

Thanks E30'ers,

-J

anybody?

Comment

Shit, I wrote a big post about how to change the hood pop and must have not posted it!

Pull the left grille, 2X10mm bolts gets the hood latch out. Pull the underdash hush panel, 2X8mm bolts gets the handle out: cable is gonna be a bit of a bitch, but only a single grommet holds it in.

CCA? Why, big stereo? I will be using 2X redtops on mine. Michigan does get cold, so I would go big if you plan on driving in the winter. Optimas have a lower ESR, so you can go bigger than normal if needed.

Random squeal, random flash, NFC here, sorry.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

The random squeal is your 20 year old blower motor showing its age. It's probably gonna kick it some time soon.

There is a plug for the stalk, its further down the column.
        -Dave
        2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I can hook you up with a good upholster in Dexter MI that redid mine for cheap an did a great job. PM me an I will get you his contact.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by jerods87e30 View Post
            Had a few Q's on my E30:

Has anyone ever had their blower motor squeak and squeal high-pitched before at random? What'd you do 'bout that...

My brights sometimes randomly flash on and other cars get real pissy. To replace the turn signal/dimmer stalk, do you have to wire things up or is it a plug or something?

Has anyone ever removed (from an E30) the hood pop cable and pull lever? How do you do it, and, where the fuck do you start? Mine broke right at where it fastens to the handle. ...and how do you remove the latch itself?

What's the max. CCA you can have with a battery for an E30?

Does anyone (literally, any person) have a pearlbeige, vinyl sport seat from an 87 E30? god damn.

Thanks E30'ers,

-J
            btw there really is no battery that has too many cca's, i would say just get the biggest battery you can fit in your battery tray. The more cca's, means less stress put on your starter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Shit, I wrote a big post about how to change the hood pop and must have not posted it!

Pull the left grille, 2X10mm bolts gets the hood latch out. Pull the underdash hush panel, 2X8mm bolts gets the handle out: cable is gonna be a bit of a bitch, but only a single grommet holds it in.

CCA? Why, big stereo? I will be using 2X redtops on mine. Michigan does get cold, so I would go big if you plan on driving in the winter. Optimas have a lower ESR, so you can go bigger than normal if needed.

Random squeal, random flash, NFC here, sorry.

Luke
              Yeah, I figured the hard part would be the damn cable itself. You say one grommet? Where, firewall?

thanks everyone,

-Jerod

Comment

Working...
              X