Question on speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on speedometer

my speedometer doesn't work, it doesn't read the mileage on my car what can i do? should i worry about this or not? also i don't think thats the original equipment.

Is the only thing that doesn't work is the odometer, but the speed indication (needle) works fine, you have a very common E30 problem, broken gears. What makes you say you don't believe your speedo is original?
    -Dave
    2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
      Is the only thing that doesn't work is the odometer, but the speed indication (needle) works fine, you have a very common E30 problem, broken gears. What makes you say you don't believe your speedo is original?
      you are correct the odometer does not work. should i worry?
      well the odometer has low miles but i am pretty sure the car it self does not. should have at least 160k to 168ks.

Comment

It doesn't work in most older E30s. Never trust the mileage shown on that thing when buying one. As to if you should worry about it, the odometer not working is the only thing that happens, it doesn't wear anything else out faster or anything like that.

The fix is new odometer gears. You probably will need 2-3 replaced, and they are roughly $50 a piece.
        -Dave

Comment

It doesn't work in most older E30s. Never trust the mileage shown on that thing when buying one. As to if you should worry about it, the odometer not working is the only thing that happens, it doesn't wear anything else out faster or anything like that.

The fix is new odometer gears. You probably will need 2-3 replaced, and they are roughly $50 a piece.
          but should i worry about it anytime soon?

Comment

Only if it bothers you.
            -Dave

Comment

Only if it bothers you.
              not really, i just thought it was to important . but i am not worry

Comment

Working...
              X