still having problems with clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still having problems with clutch

Well I took everything off this weekend and reinstalled the new alu flywheel, new clutch,pressureplate,TO bearing, TO lever/pin.everything is new.I even bought a new slave cylinder.I run ATE blue and bled.But still the same crap.Car moves forward while in first or back while in reverse with the clutch pedal all the way in and reving to a few grand.Still cant get into 1st or reverse without forcing it in.The clutch pedal is also really gay and limp.Brakes are nice and firm.I use a power bleeder.What else could be wrong?How do you test for a defective pressure plate? It is brand new.Would that cause a weak ass pedal?

Did you check to make sure that all of your new parts are the same width (combined) as your old parts?

Does the pedal come back all the way by itself (and are you using the helper spring)?

Your clutch isn't disengaging.

Comment

what about the master cylinder?

try pumping the pedal a few times before trying to put it in gear

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Sounds like they is some air in the line somewhere. The brakes are independent from the clutch in terms of hydrolics, even though they use the same tank for fluids so it would make sense that one would feel firm and not the other. I'd bleed the clutch lines again. As for difficulty shifting, how's your tranny fluid?
        Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
          Did you check to make sure that all of your new parts are the same width (combined) as your old parts?

Does the pedal come back all the way by itself (and are you using the helper spring)?

Your clutch isn't disengaging.
          My brother threw away the old parts as soon as I did it the first time last week.So I couldnt compare.But I just noticed the Bently has specs for them indiviually there.So I will take them off again this weekend again.

Pedal comes up by itself...just really easy to push in.
          Tranny has new redline like it has been using for the last 3 yrs.
          I'm gonna order a new clutch master cylinder.For some reason I just think that it has to do with the pressure plate being defective even though its brand new.Everything else you can visually tell if its defective or not.Anyone know how to test a pressure plate?Or am I just on the wrong track with that?

Comment

I think you're on the wrong track with the pressure plate. I'd suggest you rebleed the clutch system.
            Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Working...
            X