• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMPD ribuilt driveshaft?

Ok so i need a new driveshaft, So ive got some options,
    1) Buy a new driveshaft for 4-500$
    2) Buy a BMPD rebuilt driveshaft that uses replaceable u joints for 4-500$
    3) Buy a used one for a 1-200 and save the money for the mega tune up im doing at the end of this month.

A side note, does anyone know how good the BMP driveshaft is? It seems like a really good idea and IIRC their stuff is good quality, and its cheaper than a new one i think. Help me out here. Thanks

Brian

I am quite happy with my rebuilt shaft from MesaPerformance (Costa Mesa). Called to order on a Monday and rec'd it on that Wednesday morning. Price was $300 including shipping (2 yrs ago).
    Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

Re: BMPD ribuilt driveshaft?

Originally posted by Brian 89 325i
      Ok so i need a new driveshaft, So ive got some options,
      1) Buy a new driveshaft for 4-500$
      2) Buy a BMPD rebuilt driveshaft that uses replaceable u joints for 4-500$
      3) Buy a used one for a 1-200 and save the money for the mega tune up im doing at the end of this month.

A side note, does anyone know how good the BMP driveshaft is? It seems like a really good idea and IIRC their stuff is good quality, and its cheaper than a new one i think. Help me out here. Thanks

Brian
      I don't know if BMPD does this, but there is a company that is making replaceable u-joints using Nissan units. The Nissan u-joint units are utter junk and they fail often. Get a well known USED or rebuilt one -- as they are usually quality if properly driven. Hell, my driveshaft has 230k on it with a lot of track miles and its original and still in good shape. :)

Comment

You can get one that was rebuilt locally for around $250-300. Try Mesa like the man said.
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Cool thanks.

Brian

Comment

Ok MESA has them for 295+core so i think ill order from them. Unless someone has any better suggestions. Thanks

Brian

Comment

I have used Mesa for many things. These guys are the best!
              Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

Do not buy a bmp rebulit driveshaft!.....I did, the driveshaft is nice and all but I should have looked around first. With a the core charge it ends up being $750......it took me more than two months to get my $200 core charge money back, even though I sent the old one right away. I've had bad experiences with bmp( worst customer service ever!) :(

Comment

WOW, thanks for that info, Im glad i went with MESA. Im driving down there tomarrow to get my shaft. Thanks

Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X