Fuel light always on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel light always on

A while ago my gas tank light was always on and my meter alwats read empty. I changed on of the two fuel level readers under the back seat. Now the gas empty light is still on, but the metre works fine. Should I change the other side as well? TIA

As I recall, only one of the level sensors has the low fuel warning switch. You may have changed the other one.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Bumping a old thread, but I disconnected the sensor on the passenger side, and the guage dies, but the light turned off.

When I plugged it back in I was messing with the plug and plugged in only half of it and the sensor went back to where it was and the light turned off.

It is most likely the sensor that goes in the tank, right?

Comment

Yep
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Just for posts sake. The actual reader that shows how much gas you have is on the driver's side. The pass. side is the low fuel warning light one
          Keith

"Die feine Art, schnell zu sein."
          "I don't have a gambling problem, my gambling pays for my e30 addiction."

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffian View Post
            Just for posts sake. The actual reader that shows how much gas you have is on the driver's side. The pass. side is the low fuel warning light one
            So why if I unplug it the guage dies?

Comment

Because the driver's side sender is between the gauge and pass. side sender which is then to ground. So by unplugging the pass. side sender from the harness, you break the connection as well for the driver's side.
              Keith

"Die feine Art, schnell zu sein."
              "I don't have a gambling problem, my gambling pays for my e30 addiction."

Comment

Working...
              X