Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard doesn't light up...and other DB related problems

So um.
    How can I fix my dashboard not lighting up?
    I can't tell how fast I'm driving at night.

Other problems include the fact that my temp gauge jumps up and down whenever it feels like it.
    Same with my fuel tank gauge. I always fill up prematurely because I can't tell if I'm about to run out of gas or not.

Help me please!

thanks
    1985 325e
    mods:
    Powerflex CABs
    MOMO Corse Exhaust
    euro bumpers with BBS front spoiler
    e36 m3 shifter
    uuc clutch stop

The first thing you should do is pull the gauges out and look at the connections in the back and make sure that all off them are pushed all the way in and connected properly. And check all the fuses and all of the bulbs in the back of the gauge cluster.

E30Fiend
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

First off, is it only the instrument cluster that is not lighting up? How about the heater controls, etc., all of everything else lighting up? If it is ONLY the instrument panel, you might want to start off checking the 10mm bolt that grounds most of your dashboard components.

Look above the brake pedal for a bunch of brown wires bolted to the dash.

Unbolt them, seperate them and look for corrosion, maybe clean them with wire brush, contact cleaner or a pencil eraser.

Now of course, if ALL lights are screwing up, check your headlight switch.

GL!
      Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
      X