ECU ?'s, injector wiring ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU ?'s, injector wiring ?

First question: I have a stack of ECU's from old cars, not sure what belongs to what, need an ecu for my 87 325is. Here's what I have:

What will fit, what are they from, etc?

Also, I replaced the wiring harness in the engine bay, and the numbers labelling the injector plugs came off #3 and #4 fell off - now I don't know which plug goes on which injector. How can I tell, or does it not matter? (I'm assuming it does, as the injectors wouldn't be firing at the right time?)
    Originally posted by alpinaclone
    Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

The injectors are organized as two banks of three. Bank 1 is cylinders 1,3&5 and bank 2 is cylinders 2,4&6. With all injectors disconnected and the DME disconnected, use an ohmmeter to probe one of the unknown connectors and the connector for cylinder 1 and cylinder 6 to determine whether it is the #3 or #4 injector. Then mark both as appropriate. Note that one pin of each connector is common to all injectors (power), but the other pin goes to the bank 1 or bank 2 splice point.

The 153 DME would be OE equipment for an 87 325is. I think the 525 might also work. Dunno about the others.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X