Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Subrame bushing replacemtn solution?...or junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Subrame bushing replacemtn solution?...or junk?

I'm willing to give this a shot, if the instalation is as easy as it seems, and of course for under $50....
    has anyone heard of, or better yet run these?
    I'm pretty much ready to hand over the retarded amount of $ it'd cost to have my TAB's and SFB replaced
    thoughts?
    Last edited by Eviltwin; 04-15-2008, 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling

I dont see them doing that much. If anything. Placebo
    sigpic

Comment

haha its funny that he's still making them. I remember somebody posting these years ago.

Yes it will do something, half assed fix. Will it really fix your car if your suframe bushings are shot? No.

You should probably just get some poly or rubber bushings and pay somebody the retarded amount to do it.
      1987 325is - sold
      2001 330i - New DD

Comment

hmmm, I could see them reducing the forward/backward tild of the subframe by filling in those gaps. They wont fix worn out bushings, but they may improve handling with new(er) bushings.

I would be curious to hear from anyone who has installed them

Comment

Interesting, I might just buy (or make) a set and try a before/after at the track next week.

Comment

Turner makes something similar for the E46, but it is for the trailing arm bushing. It is a limiting kit that limits the motion of the rear trailing arm bushing.
            I see this helping a little bit. However, like said before, this is no fix for worn out bushings. If the rubber has gotten gooey, these things are not really going to help.
            1987 E30 325is
            1999 E46 323i
            RIP 1994 E32 740iL
            oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
              Interesting, I might just buy (or make) a set and try a before/after at the track next week.
              I would be very curious to hear your results!

Comment

Working...
              X